Certified Professional TrainerA leader leads by example not by Force, Sun Tzu
Welcome to the Train-the-Trainer workshop. Whether you are preparing to be a professional trainer, or you are someone who does a bit of training as a part of their job.
you’ll want to be prepared for the training that you do. This workshop will give all types of training tools to help create and deliver engaging, compelling workshops that will encourage trainees to come back for more.
Types of Activities
|Trainees expect that training will be stimulating, interesting, and yes, fun. That does not mean that you have to be a comedian (unless you are, of course, and are hosting a stand up comic’s training workshop), but it does obligate you to incorporate some activities into your training that helps to engage your learners.
· Keeps the day moving at a stimulating pace
· Fun helps to bring people together and break down barriers
· Laughter leads to an endorphin release, which is healthy
· Improves retention of material by providing hands on application and practice
The Power of Sticky Notes
|Sticky notes don’t just add color to your presentation; they can also add value as a visual aid. A few ideas for using sticky notes in a presentation:
· Write just one idea per note.
· Write only one or two words per note.
· If you are using sticky notes at the front of a room, make sure you use saturated color markers and write in the same size letters you use on your flip chart or whiteboard.
· Place smaller sticky notes on participant tables so that they can use them to highlight memorable information throughout your workshop or use them as a bookmark.
Using Group Work
|In order to make group activities work for you as a trainer, here are some tips:
· Provide the group with clear directions, points to discuss, or case studies to keep their work focused
· Make sure that you have all the needed materials for group work to start on time and be most effective
Circulate around the room, keeping groups on track and offering assistance or refocusing when needed